Home / HL7 Services / HL7 Interface Planning
HL7 Interface Planning
HL7 planning encompasses the first major activity for a typical health integration project. HL7 planning includes:
Business requirements analysis
- the review of the overall project's business requirements and the role that HL7 interfacing will play in the realisation of those requirements.
- the review of the applications required to be integrated (using HL7 interfaces) in order to achieve the project's business requirements.
HL7 interface requirements
- documentation of specific HL7 interface requirements identified as a result of business analysis and application analysis.
HL7 interface specification
- describes how the HL7 requirements will be realised in actual interface software components.
HL7 interface testing
- includes test planning, actual interface testing (such as HL7 interface unit testing, HL7 interface system testing and HL7 integration testing).
Gillogley Services has
in HL7 interface planning activities in projects involving the integration of
Clinical Information System,
Radiology Information System,
Electronic Health Record,
Patient Administration System,
Intensive Care Unit systems in
and Western Australia.